Each month we introduce new members by spotlighting them in an upcoming HFMA Metro Lines newsletter. This month, we interviewed Alexis Park, Senior Internal Auditor for Main Line Health.
1) Describe yourself in 20 words or less –
I am determined, family oriented, optimistic, loving, adventurous, open-minded, and analytical (which is why I love internal audit).
2) What was your first job?
My first career job was at PriceWaterhouseCoopers, LLP in the Philadelphia Risk Assurance Practice. My first job in high school was working at my dad’s law firm where I realized I no longer wanted to be a lawyer.
3) Where did you spend your last vacation?
My last vacation was to Santorini, Greece – which was Amazing!
4) What was the last book you read? Or favorite book? Or last movie or theatre play you saw? Or favorite movie? (you can select the question you would like to answer)
The last play I saw was the Lion King on Broadway in New York.
5) How did you learn of HFMA and what attracted you to join HFMA?
When I started at Main Line Health, my Director told me that I should look into joining HFMA. I attended a workshop last fall, which I really enjoyed, and so I decided to become a member and get involved.
6) What do you plan to achieve with/ or expectations of your HFMA membership?
I plan to grow my network by meeting various professionals involved with HFMA. In addition, I plan to attend trainings and events to continue to expand my knowledge about the healthcare industry. Lastly, I signed up for the HFMA mentoring program, and I am excited to develop a relationship with my mentor and leverage her knowledge and advice to advance within my career.