Financial Analyst- Decision Support
Under the supervision of the Decision Support Coordinator, the Financial (Decision Support) Analyst will assist in the development and maintenance of the Decision Support system for two hospitals within the Trinity Health System. This position will provide costing and financial analysis to key decision makers (including corporate and regional leadership teams) throughout the company and offer a strong working knowledge of system operations. The Analyst function is comprised of a variety of analytical services and special project assignments. These services include, but are not limited to: service line analysis, financial analysis and modeling, process and operations improvement functions, and other special projects.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Perform best practice procedures for weekly data integrations, validation and related processes to ensure the integrity of the patient centered datasets
- Update the General Ledger datasets, prepare and analyze quarterly cost accounting and estimated net revenue models.
- Produce detailed Profit & Loss (P&L) reports within McKesson Performance Manager. In addition to the P&Ls, analysts are also responsible for comprehensive analytics structured in an aesthetic format which are distributed directly to the hospitals’ Finance Directors and CFOs
- Ensure the timely and accurate transfer of data to the web-based data visualization tool (Business Intelligence)
- Successful candidates will be detailed-oriented and possess strong analytic skills with a drive to determine variances by researching cause and effects of data inputs; adaptable to on-going changes with the ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meeting project deadlines; Ability to work independently and as a team player in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other Business related field preferred. If not, an Associate’s degree (or equivalent) and currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, IT, Health Administration or other Business related field
- Preferred Knowledge of Health care operations, Financial statements, McKesson’s Performance Analytics, Patient Accounting systems – Meditech, Siemens/Cerner, HealthQuest or other related systems
- Preferred at least 2 years of healthcare related experience in such areas as Patient Billing, Patient Registration, Consulting, Coding, Charge Capture, Managed Care, Decision Support or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Experience with using Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word
- Ability to problem solve and think independently with minimal oversight and direction